Let's Revisit a Few Things....

Sooooo....I wanted to quickly re-visit a couple of things I had talked about in some previous posts and I figured I would do it all in one new post instead of editing the old ones or doing it item by item.

Coral Colours Inkliner Eyelining Pen
So, this eyeliner was so cheap (like I mentioned previously) and although easy to use and affordable, it really doesn't have the staying power. I have used this a few times and tried to like it, but unless you are using it just for pictures, I really don't think it's worth it. Yup, even at $8.00 - I would try and find something else. (There are a lot of eyeliners with the felt tip around.)
It is a shame, because the felt tip pen does work soooo well and it was so affordable and the colour is good, but in general it just doesn't have the staying power that I would like from an ink liner.


Models Prefer Big Lash Mascara
I'm pretty picky with mascara and after having tried this a few times, I just can't get into it. The formula is too wet for me and as much as the brush looks like it would be great for getting into the inner corner, it doesn't work for me. Again, it's a fairly inexpensive product, but I really don't think it stands up against some other mascaras of comparable prices. I think I will probably chuck the mascara and keep the spoolie for something else. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this brush for mascara, I think the long bristles on the thicker end will be good for brows or for brushing oils through the lashes.

Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment
Having referred to this as one of my favourite products of all time, I have to take it all back. I stopped using it after doing some research and reading a few things about it and haven't looked back. I had super dry lips when I was originally using this and though they felt better after application, they weren't actually getting any better. I also ended up with some strange bumps around the corners of my lips. Now I'm not blaming all of this on this product, but after stopping using it, most of the issues did improve. Google it and there are a lot of fors and againsts regarding this product. I guess it just doesn't work for me, but a lot of people do swear by it. I just say, do your research!

So, that's the few items I directly wanted to talk about. I will look at putting up a favourite post soon as my current faves have basically become all that I use! I am looking at actually updating my blog, you know, with content, a bit more often this year! We will see how I go!!
Maybe I will post a "things I have planned" post - you know, a kind of 2014 checklist (no no - not resolutions!!)



Comments

Popular Posts