Holy Grail Product?

Well, I think I may have found it. I think that I have finally found a product that I would refer to as a Holy Grail product! Before we get into the nitty gritty, I'll give you the 411 on my skin...Basically, I have relatively sensitive skin, prone to redness with broken capillaries in the cheek & chin area. It used to be quite dry with the slightest oiliness in the t-zone area by the end of the day. I had been looking for products that calm my skin and get rid of the dry, tight, sore feeling that you can get with dry skin. 

Over the last year or so, I've tried a few products that have really helped my skin. The first two that made a real difference were Cliniques Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion + and the Clarisonic. I used both of these products religiously as soon as I bought them. And they really helped my skin, that, at the time, was seemingly having a breakdown!!! (I had some health problems related to my gut around that time and this reeeeeeally affected my skin!)

So, I felt as if I was finally winning a battle with my skin. I felt like I no longer needed to refer to myself as having dry skin or having sensitive skin. It just felt so much better. About a month ago I bought a new oil. I had often used oils in my skin care regime, but had never found one that had made a definite difference to my skin. 

Well.....that changed. 
Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil has become one product that has changed my skin in an almost indescribable way. I am still prone to redness and do flush quite easily (but I don't think that this will ever be cured by a topical product.) This oil has left my skin feeling soft and really cut down on the sensitivity. It also doesn't feel dry at all anymore! This is a big thing for me as my skin had areas that not only felt dry, but looked really dry! It showed through my makeup, I never felt that my makeup would sit right over those dry areas and the dryness would actually increase the sensitivity I felt. 

I fell like this is a saviour for anybody that has dry skin. However, I'm not sure how those with oily skin would get along with this oil. I think it sinks into the skin really nicely (though it does say on the packaging to allow 10-20 minutes before applying makeup and that it is best applied before bed). 
I think if someone with oily skin wanted to use it, they would be better starting out with only adding one drop to their regular moisturiser and trying it out that way to begin with or if you just want to see the benefits of the oil without having to slather it all over your face. 



Sibu Beauty has this to say about their topical oil;

"Sea buckthorn seed oil has long been used as a traditional beauty treatment to preserve youthful skin tone and texture. It is a secret remedy to fight wrinkles and age spots so you may (or may not) want to share it with your friends.

Our therapeutic grade seed oil will help restore damaged skin to its natural beautiful state.
*Quick acting/readily absorbed
*For all skin-types
*Helps diminish wrinkles/age-spots
*Promotes skin recovery and healing

100% therapeutic-grade Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil for topical use on ailments.


Directions For Use

After cleansing face, shake dime sized pool into hand and massage into entire face (and neck if desired) for about 20 seconds. Leave on skin. May take up to 20-30 minutes to fully absorb into skin. Best applied before bed.

Ingredients

100% therapeutic-grade Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil

Paraben-FREE and Cruelty-FREE. No dairy, wheat, gluten, sodium, yeast or preservatives. Our sea buckthorn is sourced through fair trade agreements with local harvesters in Tibet."
(via sibu beauty)

Honestly, if you are looking to add a new oil to your beauty regime, I would not hesitate in recommending this product. It is beautiful!!


Sibu Beauty not only have this oil available as a topical treatment, it can also be taken as a supplement.

Here is some more information from Sibu Beautys website about the sea buckthorn berry;

A beauty revolution—13 centuries in the making
The first written documentation of sea buckthorn dates as early as 13 centuries ago in a Tibetan book of healing arts called Sibu Yi Dian. Nearly a third of its pages are devoted to the revered holy fruit, the sea buckthorn. Its medicinal uses for healing and overall health and beauty have long been legendary. And throughout history, in various parts of the world, the tart, brilliant orange berry has been used to rejuvenate, revitalize and restore, both inside and out.

Sea buckthorn from the Greeks to Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan powered his army and their horses on sea buckthorn for stamina and recovery from combat. The botanical name, Hippophae L. is derived from the Greek word "hippo," meaning horse. Sea buckthorn was used to strengthen ancient Greek horses and restore their coats to a brilliant luster. And women throughout the ages have used sea buckthorn to protect them from the ravages of the sun and the elements. Founded on tradition and now based on extensive scientific research, sea buckthorn is one of the biggest functional whole food rediscoveries of the 21st century.

Traditional health-related uses for the sea buckthorn berry include:
*Sustained energy levels
*Improved cellular health
*Cardiovascular support
*Healthy inflammation response
*Joint support
*Moisturizing dry and damaged skin
*Improved immune health
*Decrease in wrinkles and fine lines
*Addressing exzema and rosacea symptoms"
(via sibu beauty)


 Oh, and did I mention that they sell it in chocolate too! 


Comments

Popular Posts