Foundation Favourites...Featuring No Foundations!

A few of my favourite foundation things for March...because it's now April! How did that happen? Ok 2015, you can slow down now!

So, this month, I have basically not used foundation as such. Not because I don't have any and not because I don't want to use it, I've just been relatively happy with how the combination of a BB cream, a CC cream and a concealer type product have been working. (Also, I'm still on the search for a holy grail foundation...I just can't seem to find the perfect foundation!)

These 3 products have been my go-to everyday face routine. Bonus, they're all really affordable, drugstore products!

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector in light (for sensitive skin - I find the consistency of the sensitive skin version is nicer and there is less smell.) This BB Cream varies in price depending where you buy it, I've seen it from about AU$6 to AU$12 (I don't know what UK or US pricing is like.) It gives a really great base and just enough coverage for me (when I mix it with the other two products I'm about to talk about) for a day to day 'foundation' look.

L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream Colour Corrector Beautifier in green (for redness)> I use this because I have a very pink base to my skin tone. And this is particularly apparent in the broken capliaries around my cheeks and redness in my chin. I find that this corrects just enough without leaving a green cast (like some green correctors can do) and it sinks into the skin really nicely. Now, RRP for this is AU$26.95 (I'm sure in US stores you can find it cheaper.) I do think this is a little pricey for what it is. On it's own, it does an ok job of neutralising the redness, but I still feel I need to add something to really cover what I want to cover. Obviously, this doesn't state that it's a foundation so I don't expect that it will cover everything, I just have a bit of an issue with it being that price. However, it's still one of my favourite products and I just buy it when it's on sale!! I like the product, just not the price, but that is just the price of "drugstore" brands like L'Oreal and Maybelline in Australia.
I must mention, this may not be suitable for people with fair complexions, even though it states that it will "self-adjust" to skin tones, it definitely has a darker tone to it once you rub it all in. It starts out green and then transforms as you smooth it on, but for anybody who is really fair, I'm not sure that this would work as well as it is almost too dark for me and I would say I have a light to medium complexion. Generally, I will mix a small amount of the CC cream with the BB Cream and this seems to even out the shade and match my skin quite well. It evens out my skin tone and soaks into the skin beautifully without leaving my skin feeling oily. I would use both of these in this combination under a foundation if I wanted a full coverage base.

Day to day I have been using this BB/CC combination and then covering the under eye area in a v-shape down slightly onto my cheeks and up towards the temple with Garnier Anti Dark Circles Tinted Eye Roll-On. I also use it down the center of my nose and sometimes on my chin.
I absolutely love this product. The coverage is beautiful, the fair shade is just the right amount of lightness for me.
The product claims to actually help prevent dark circles (mine aren't that extreme so I don't know if it's working or not, but it does cover what I want to cover and that is enough for me!) The texture of this is so lightweight and smooth, it blends in perfectly and the roll-on applicator is cooling and makes it easy to apply.
The only problem I have with this product....I can't find it anywhere anymore!! I haven't looked into whether it has been discontinued, but I will find out and try and stock up via ebay or amazon if it has been because it really is such a great every day concealer.

I have really been enjoying the combination of these three products (I do powder slightly over the top with a translucent or light setting powder - over the areas with the eye roll-on specifically). They don't leave me feeling cakey and I don't look greasy by the end of the day. It's such a nice, quick, everyday routine that has been working for me. I am still on the lookout for a foundation that I love, but for everyday, this combination has been working for me.

I will have the rest of my March Favourites up soon! I just had to share this combination that I have been loving. If anyone has any foundation suggestions I should try I would love to hear them as I really need to find a good one!




Comments

  1. It is crazy how fast the year is going by. Loving the products in your review.

    Love,
    www.loyaltofashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts