First Impressions of a Few New Items

I will be putting up a February Favourites very soon, but I just had to share a few new items that I have purchased that I'm really loving at the moment. Some may be included in my faves, some may not, but at the moment there are a few that I've only used a handful of times so I'm still in the first impressions phase (yes, apparently there are phases....)

 Coral Colours Inkliner Eyelining Pen
This eyeliner pen was sooooo inexpensive! I ended up purchasing this not for the price but because when I was in the shop looking for a black liquid liner, the colour and 'blackness' was the best of any that I swatched. It is a felt tip pen which I really haven't had much luck with previously, but this goes on so well and is really quite pigmented. The picture I've included was just a quick swipe I put on to show how it goes on (I'm not that good at the whole winged eyeliner thing either - but this really is so easy to use!) I don't know how easy this is to find anywhere other than Australia because Coral Colours are an Aussie brand, infact I'm having trouble even finding it online to find a price for it (I think it was around $8.00.) I really like it though, and I would repurchase it. The only problem I have with this pen style is that they have previously dried out pretty quickly on me, so far this one is doing ok and is still quite liquidy.

Lioele BB Beyond the Solution Cream and Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm
I had seen the BB Cream used by Sam Schuerman for the longest time but had never decided to give it a go. After watching a couple of Shaaanxo's videos using the BB cream and her link to hikosencara-nz (where I ended up purchasing both Lioele products from) I decided to give it a go. This is probably the best BB cream I have tried. It feels great on and gives good coverage. My skin feels nice and I can wear this with a little concealer and not feel too bare or shiny (like I have with certain other BB creams when worn alone.) I have to say I love the packaging of this too, the pump is great and it's a good amount of product.
The Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm is something I had heard Karissa at Saturdaynightsalrite mention in a video, but hadn't hear much about it. I really only decided to buy it because of the idea of the product. I definitely like the idea of any pore minimisation and I think that after using this, it really does help with the appearance of pores. It helps make-up go on really smooth and it's probably now my favourite primer. You also only need a very small amount - too much and you will feel greasy! I really like the combination of these two products together. If I just want a no make-up kind of look, I will use both and use a little concealer in certain areas or if I want more coverage, I use a foundation over the top of the Balm and the BB Cream. I think that this helps my make-up wear much longer. The Balm and the BB Cream together do offer a great base and I like the idea that maybe I won't be wearing a full face of foundation everyday anymore!


 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
I have loved the packaging on this for the longest time (I'm a sucker for anything purple!) but this is another item that I really hadn't hear any reviews about. Again, Shaaanxo mentioned her love for this mascara and showed her application of it and I had to try it! I have to say, I really love it! The brush is almost perfect! I really prefer bristle brushes to the rubber type, and this is just the right size to really get all the lashes coated. I haven't had any issues with it clumping and it's long lasting. I really think this is close to becoming my go to mascara. I still do really like the Scandaleyes mascara, but the brush on that is quite large and not necessarily as easy to use as the brush on this one.
I really love trying out new mascaras and I think that this one will be a staple in my collection for as long as I am able to purchase it. I haven't had any trouble with it irritating my eyes (the only time that this is an issue for me is on removal - for example I love the natural look the Maybelline Full and Soft mascara gives, but when I remove that mascara it stings like crazy!) I really like everything about this mascara, I adore the packaging, the brush is pretty much perfect and the formula is really nice and long lasting!

 Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick in shade Lychee Crush
This lipstick is a really nice light pinky nude that is really pretty on a light complexion. I gave this one a go after seeing Lauren from LaurenBeautyy use this in a look. It's such a nice, light colour that isn't too light (for my colouring at least!) It does have a really strange smell, but for the colour, I am happy to look past that. The smell just reminds me of make-up that I used to play with as a kid. It reminds me of going through my Grandmas make-up and playing with her lipsticks when I was about five years old! It's not a fantastic smell, but it does bring back memories. If you don't have those memories, it could be hard to get past as it is quite strong. But the colour is great and it's a really nice smooth formulation that leaves the lips feeling soft and protected, with the addition SPF30+!! I will try some other shades in this range, but this is one of my favourite shades of any lipstick I own at the moment. Shame about the weird smell though!!!

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder and Face of Australia Transluscent Face Powder
I'm loving this two new face products. The Bourjois 'chocolate bronzer' is a really nice, smooth bronzer. To look at it in the packaging it does have some shimmer to it, but I don't feel like this is overly noticeable on the skin. It is quite a subtle bronzer, which is good for me as my complexion is on the lighter side. I have only used this three times so far, but it is a really nice subtle contour colour.
The Face of Australia transluscent powder is another one I tried after seeing LaurenBeautyyl use it in a number of her tutorials. I haven't actually used another transluscent powder before, but I have to say, this is so nice that I don't know that I would bother trying another one. The one thing about it that is slightly annoying is that it is a loose powder and it will go all over the place if you're not careful. It leaves a really smooth finish and is perfect for setting foundations and concealers. I would like to try MACs Mineralize Skin Finish as it is apparently quite similar, though, to me MACs packaging seems easier to use and less messy. The fact that this is a loose powder however may be the reason that it goes on so sheer, I'm not sure, I may have to compare the two at some time in the future. If you are looking for an affordable transluscent powder that doesn't leave a cakey finish, definitely give this a go!!

Well, that's it for now. Has anyone been using any of these products recently? Or what new products are you loving at the moment? Let me know!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts