MARCH MAKEUP FAVOURITES

Excuse me, we're almost half way through April. Just putting that out there!

So, I have a few things to mention in my March Makeup Favourites, some other hair favourites and foundation favourites have been covered in my recent posts, so I wont ramble on about them again!

Let's start with make-up. I  mentioned the products I've been liking as a base in my last post, so why not start with what I use over them!
The Maybelline Fit Me! Powder has been my go-to setting powder in the last few months. I use the shade 120 Classic Ivory at the moment. It is light enough both in colour and consistency to set my under eye concealer, but still keep it looking light and bright in that area. I have 3 different shades in this powder, but this is the one that I reach for the most. 

The two bronzers that I have been reaching for the most are both by Bourjois! The Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder has been one of my favourite all over bronzing powders for a nice, natural looking bronze. Now, I have a relatively fair skintone and this looks just right to me on my skintone, I'm not sure how it would work if you are a darker skintone, but it does come in a fair/medium version and an olive/tanned version. I love the packaging on this too. The mirror is basically the full size of the lid and the entire lid swivels around so you can sit the mirror infront of you and use it hands free. It's one of my favourite bronzers to travel with for this reason, and because it's so versatile. I use this as an allover bronzer and as an eyeshadow. It is a really good crease colour and it blends beautifully!! 

The second bronzer by Bourjois is the Bourjois Bronzing Powder. This one is darker than the Delice de Soleil and the packaging isn't quite as pretty...But...Bonus...It smells like chocolate! I love this bronzer to use more in the contour areas. Now, as I said, I have a fair complexion so it may not work as a contour on some people, this may be better as an allover bronzer on some and I do use it this way sometimes when I want a more intense bronzed look. I haven't tried many Bourjois products, but I have been using both of these products on and off for the last few years and I have also repurchased both. 

Another bronzer that I bought multiples of after hearing Sam Schuerman rave about a few years ago on her blog and on her YouTube channel is the NYC Sunny Bronzer - I have loved this bronzer since I first tried it and I have never been without it since! It is great when I am lighter and it works well when I have more of a tan (or a fake tan.) It is really smooth and it is so affordable!! 

Next, highlighters. I was late to the highlighter bandwagon...and I still haven't used very many. For inner corner highlight and highlight under the brow, I love the next two products. I'm not totally convinced that they are perfect for a cheekbone highlight, and I'm so close to buying the Becca Opal highlighter, but I have been playing around with cheekbone highlighting with these and with some of the lighter, more shimmery Makeup Geek blushes
The first one I actually heard Karissa Pukas mention a while ago on a YouTube video and it is beautiful. I had to buy it on ebay, but it is just a simple L'Loreal eyeshadow! The L'Oreal Paris Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Single in Morning Light is a beautiful, pearly shimmer that really works to highlight the inner corner or tearduct area just beautifully! It is pretty intense, so be prepared to do some blending. It is great under the arch of the brow and recently I've been applying it with a stippling brush as a cheekbone highlight. It is shimmery, but not glittery, so it keeps everything looking smooth, which is my favourite thing in a highlighter, I'm not a fan of chunky glitter in highlighter. 
The second is another affordable Physicians Formula palette. The Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips All-in-1 Custom Nude Palette for Face & Eyes in Warm has so many differnt colours in it that you can use as eyeshadows, blush or highlight. I love the lightest colour as an inner corner highlight and all of the colours are beautiful as eyeshadows. I've been swirling together different combinations as a cheekbone highlight, this is not as intense as the L'Oreal Morning Light, but you can get a different effect by swirling your brush over different sections of the palette. For example, if you want a more pink toned highlight, concentrate your brush through the top two layers of colours. I have also been loving this as a subtle shimmer on the eyelid with neutral eyeshadow colours. Using my fingertip to rub a small amount of whatever shade I choose over the centre of the eyelid really opens up the eyes and ads something more to your eyeshadow look.


My next makeup favourites are by Morphe Brushes. I had heard a lot of hype about the Morphe eyeshadows and sometimes you just don't believe the hype....But boy I wish I had jumped on this bandwagon earlier! The Morphe shadows are amazing. So pigmented. So easy to blend. And so affordable! They are soft and buttery smooth. The payoff of colour is just amazing and the selection of colours (in the two palettes that I have) are perfection. I am basically in love with the two palettes that I ordered. And I now want to own all of them.
The first is the 35N Matte Palette - this is my absolute favourite, versatile, neutral, I'm going to take everywhere palette. The selection of colours is just great for so many different skintones and so many looks. You can do a neutral everyday look or a super smokey look and there's even a few pops of colour in there if you want to mix it up a little. This has become my everyday palette.  I love the top row of colours for buffing all over my lid and up to the brow to use as a base to start everything off with. There is a great selection just in that row. It goes from light, to peachy based, to yellow based neutrals. It's just unbelievably versatile and leaves you with so many options. I've found that on days when I wear minimal makeup, sweeping one of these colours from the top row all over my lid and up to the brow really helps to even out that area, so if you have any redness or noticeable veins in that area, these are the perfect base! The darker colours are great also, and I like to use the darker browns in place of an eye pencil or as a slightly more subtle eyeliner. All of the colours in this palette are matte and super pigmented. This would be a great palette for anyone for everyday use and a great base palette for a professional makeup artist. 

The 35U Palette has shimmers and bright colours galore! I guess that's why it is called the Multi-Colour Shimmer Palette! The picture on the website shows a lot more of the shimmer than the picture that I took - but it also makes you think that maybe these will be chunky, glittery eyeshadows. This is so not the case. These shadows are, again, buttery smooth with an amazing pigmentation. They almost remind me of a foiled shadow. There are so many amazing colours in this palette and even though I bought this on a whim, I'm in love with the options that this palette gives you. You can lightly sweep colours over the lid for a subtle shimmer or you can go in and create a more definite pop of colour. This is something that I also decided I needed to order after seeing Sam Schuerman use in one of her daily vlog videos. I haven't tried all of the colours in this one, but I have so far been loving the three bronzey shades in the top right and the entire bottom row, especially the second from the right, it is a great highlight colour! 

The last make-up favourites that I have to mention are more eye products. The Rimmel Lash Accelorator Endless Mascara in Black is one of the best mascaras I have used in recent memory. I feel like the "grow-lash complex" does work to make my eyelashes seem better even when I remove the mascara. Whether it's all psychological, I don't know, but I like the product and my lashes look great with it on and it seems to have some benefit to me! I wasn't too sure about it to begin with because the formula seemed very wet, but it seems to have calmed down with some use.

The second product has been a holy grail product that I will never stop using while I can still buy it. This is the sample size of the Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat. I haven't heard anybody talk about this but I absolutely love it! I got this as a sample in one of the Aussie monthly sample subscription boxes. (I can't remember if it was Lust Have It or Bella Box!) O.M.G! This stuff is amazing! It really leaves any mascara waterproof! I don't usually like waterproof mascaras as I feel that they have a strange smell and they can sometimes leave my eyes feeling a little sensitive and my lashes feeling a little brittle. This product doesn't seem like a waterproof mascara, it has an almost gel like consistency and it is clear in the tube with no discernible smell or colour. It works so well at doing what it says it will do and it not only makes your mascara waterproof, it can help get rid of clumpiness and help revitalize mascara. Anytime that I have worn mascara since I had first tried this product, I have applied this. I will not be without this in my life!!!!

So, this is what I have been loving slapping on my face over the last month or so. Since this post is already quite long, I think I'll keep the few skincare favourites that I have for another post!! 

Please let me know what products you've been loving as I would just love to try out some new makeup this month! I hadn't really gone out an brought myself any new items in quite some time and would love to start trying some new products again! 






Comments

Popular Posts