My Current Hair Must Haves!

My hair has been feeling relatively healthy lately. I'm sure it's not solely the products I'm using, it has a lot to do with cutting back on the colouring/bleaching, last year I chopped and changed my colour every other week (I was convinced I wanted to be a brunette and then when I went dark, I missed the blonde....this happened a few times within the space of a few months and you can only imagine the damage that can do to one's noggin!)
Having said that, I had left the colour alone for a while and had only really been touching up my roots when I couldn't stand it any longer (usually at about 2 inches regrowth.) I did my last lot of highlights  (the box kind that comes with a cap) and used a permanent ash blonde box dye as a toner early/mid March. And my hair has remained feeling and looking pretty darn healthy.
This is my usual process for blonde, though I do vary how light I go, I really haven't gone to a hairdresser to do this in years. The hairdresser that I used to go to left town a few years ago and the few times that I have been to different hairdressers, I walk out not entirely happy...So, I just do it myself. I know people have differing opinions on box colours, but it works for me. I like the colour that it turns out and have learn what works for my hair.

Having rambled on about my hair, let's get to the products I've been loving and using the most!!



Dry Shampoo!!
I have had the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the tropical scent for a while now and would only have used it maybe 3 times over the last year...two years...? For the last month or so, I've been trying to cut back on washing my hair, not only for my hairs health, but to cut down the time it takes to get ready in the morning. Although I have quite thin hair, it seems to take a long time to dry. So, it was time to break out the dry shampoo and actually use it!
I absolutely love the effect of the Batiste Dry Shampoo, it doesn't leave any residue, makes my hair feel fuller and takes away the greasy look (this was especially apparent before I did my roots, for some reason my natural ashy blonde regrowth against the lighter bleached lengths made my hair look more greasy than it really was.) The only thing that I don't love about this dry shampoo is the smell. Don't get me wrong, it has a good smell, it's not horrible. It doesn't make me sneeze or anything like that, it just seems to hang around for the whole day...Which in itself is probably not a bad thing for a dry shampoo, I just found it a bit annoying. It's such a small gripe, but it did make me want to try a different dry shampoo.
I brought the TRESemme Dry Shampoo because my bestie told me that she uses it and it has no smell at all. So, TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo it was. I do like this dry shampoo and it does work well, I just don't feel like it is as good at giving body the way the Batiste one does. It's a favourite in progress shall I say...I haven't used it enough times yet to know how I feel about it. But, dry shampoo in general is going ot be my new best friend, I just have to find one that I am absolutely in love with (The Batiste one is so close to perfect and they have so many different scents I could try!) If anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to know!

Hair Oils!!
I love a  good hair oil and boy have I used a selection of them Moroccan Oil Light is still one of my favourites, but I ran out and still haven't repurchased.
The one I have been loving lately is actually by Dove. I have previously tried Doves Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil and it is really nice. But I only have a tiny amount of that left and haven't seen it in store to be able to purchase. So, since I loved that one so much I decided to try the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil. This stuff is great! For starters, the packaging is great. The bottle is really nice and it's a good size, the pump gives you control over what you're pumping out and can be moved to a locked setting and the price isn't too bad considering how long this will last as you only need a small pump of product. It smells great and best of all, it makes my hair feel smooth and look shiny without weighing it down!
The other oil that I used more so when my hair was really damaged is the Ojon Damage Reverse which I have talked about previously. This is a great oil if you need a more intense treatment in your hair. I like to use it before bed the night before I know I will wash my hair the next day for some intensive treatment. This could easily work during the day though, using a small amount won't leave you feeling greasy, but I find that it can weigh your hair down a bit quicker than some of the lighter oils on the market.

Creams & Sprays!!
The one cream treatment that I have been using consistently over the last few months is the Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Leave on Creme. I have been using one pump of this with one small pump of the Dove Dry Oil and a small squirt of the TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Spray each time I wash my hair while my hair is still damp. This combination has not only left my hair feeling really soft and silky, but the combination smells kind of delicious!! It doesn't leave too much scent in my hair, but it does smell great as I'm putting it on.
I thought that I had mentioned the TRESemme Split Remedy in a previous favourites post, but I can't find it. I really like this spray. I feel like I haven't noticed split ends in a long time. I don't get regular trims so I feel like I should have more split ends. Honestly, whether or not anyone else thinks this is just a gimmick, or thinks that you can't prevent split ends, I really find that this helps my hair look smoother and I have less and less problems with hair breakage. The nozzle on my bottle is actually broken, so when I spray it, it just comes out in a bit of a blob, but that's fine as I just mix it in with the rest of my concoction and slather it through my hair. Speaking of TRESemme, if I'm using any heat on my hair, I have also been using the TRESemme Thermal Styling Heat Spray. It seems to do the job!

Hot tools!! 
The last item that I've been using quite regularly is my GHD straightener. I have had this guy for years! (As you can see in the picture, the H has rubbed off of the body of the straightener - but it works just as perfectly as the first day I used it!) Now I know, a straightener isn't necessarily something that is going to help you on the road to healthy hair, but I do use it sparingly. It's not like I use it every single day, I give my hair a break from any heat tools as many times a week as I can. But, this straightener is so versatile. I can use it to straighten and it works quickly and efficiently! I don't have to go over sections again and again.
I can use it for straightening and lately I've been using it for waves and curls. because of the size of the barrel it works really well on my shoulder length hair to give really beautiful loose waves. And it's so quick and easy to do. Smaller sections leave my with a more beachy wave and larger sections leave me with a nice elegant wave that gives me more body. Now that my hair is a bit longer, I feel like I can play with these styles a little more since I never really found the perfect way to do this kind of stlye when it was shorter.

Well, that's my hair ramble for today!

Please let me know about your favourite hair products!! I always love to try out some new products!!!




Comments

Popular Posts